Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Governor´s Council on Disability promotes full participation and inclusion of the nearly 1 million Missourians with disabilities in all aspects of community life by educating citizens, state agencies, organizations, businesses, schools, and others of their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We are seeking an Administrative Office Support Assistant who aligns with our core values by demonstrating integrity, diversity, collaboration, and dependability. If you possess these qualities and wish to share in our mission, apply now! This position will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the executive director and disability program specialists.
A great benefits package with paid time off, medical/vision/dental insurance, life insurance, and a retirement plan is included.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Answer agency phones and provide information and resources to callers on disability-related questions and issues.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate logistical arrangements.
- Participate in Council and program meetings and take minutes.
- Maintain agency records.
- Organize and implement program activities, utilizing marketing strategies and desktop publishing techniques.
- Assist with planning and administrating the Missouri Youth Leadership Forum and legislative programs.
- Coordinate the annual Governor’s Council on Disability award programs and poster contest.
- Oversee and ensure preparation, review, postings, and processing of fiscal, purchasing, and/or related documents with the use of SAMII and MO-Buys programs.