Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Office of Geospatial Information is part of the Information Technology Services Division. This position will be part of a team of GIS professionals that provide expertise and support to a variety of state agencies.
- Oversee the administration and implementation of a multi-agency ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
- Work with agencies to integrate GIS into their business workflows. Make recommendations and develop best practices documents as it relates to this integration.
- Develop and maintain underlying geo databases in support of online mapping.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of GIS desktop software including geodatabase design and management, spatial analysis and spatial data integration.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Server services, including design, creation and maintenance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ArcGIS Online technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, practices, terminology, and trends in GIS and related technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of cartographic principles and spatial analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of geographic information applications, analysis, and the relationships between different types of spatial data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems, database management, administration, security, networking, and telecommunication concepts.