Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The individual in this position performs technical work in the analysis, design, preparation, and developing of information technology and procedures.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities: (This list is neither all-inclusive, nor restrictive; management reserves the right to further define duties based on operational needs.)
- Functioning as a team member in planning, designing, developing, and delivering new applications.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and improving existing applications; recommending changes to existing applications.
- Assisting in or leading the programming of large complex problems.
- Consulting with end users of existing and new applications to determine needs.
- Preparing procedural manuals for operational systems.
- Playing an active role in working toward and achieving department objectives and goals.
- Preparing the logical interface between related programs.
- Serving as a member of project teams on major information technology projects.
- Organizing information into accessible work files.
- Staying informed of topics related to the health insurance and information technology industry.
- Consulting vendors on hardware and software needs/issues, making recommendations to the CIO.
- Performed other related duties as assigned.
Annual salary is $50,000.00 - $56,000.00 based on experience & qualifications.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the general operating principles and capabilities of information technology equipment and methods.
- Knowledge of office procedures and processes, and of techniques involved in their analysis, adaptation and programming for conversion to information technology.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures of accounting, mathematics, statistics, economics and other appropriate substantive areas as applied to the use of information technology.
- Skill in inductive and deductive reasoning and ability to understand and follow complex instructions.
- Ability to think logically, interpret procedural problems of average complexity in both written and graphic form and translate into computer language.
- Ability to analyze operations and to organize their component parts into a logical system.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of application development methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations of RFPs for hardware and software.
- Proven ability to communicate and deliver results.
- Ability to serve as a productive team member and the ability to demonstrate a professional and positive attitude while establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with MCHCP management, staff and members, health plan representatives as well as other outside agencies/contractors and general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all MCHCP information and records in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures; and ability to prioritize, organize and perform work independently and under pressure.