Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This position performs preventative maintenance and monitoring activities on equipment such as air handlers, refrigeration and air conditioning units, high and low pressure steam systems, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Records meter and gauge readings, cleans coils, and oils motors, replaces belts, filters, switches, gauges and motors. Paints buildings and equipment, patch plaster walls, and repairs or replaces tile and other wall coverings. Opens stopped sewage and drain lines. Replaces or repairs faucets, toilets, sinks, valves, water lines, and other plumbing equipment and fixtures. Repairs and replaces electrical outlets, light fixtures, switches and other controls; repairs electrical motors. Receives assignments in the form of work orders. Receives general supervision from a Maintenance Supervisor or other designated supervisor. Performs other related work as assigned.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of the standard tools and practices of various trades such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and plastering.
- Intermediate knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the mechanical and building trades.
- Ability to perform semi-skilled and skilled work in a variety of mechanical and building trades.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions as necessary in the performance of assignments.