Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This position will serve as a project manager who will direct and manage multiple design and construction contracts for state owned buildings and facilities. The project manager will guide Architectural Engineering (AE) design firms and provide architectural and/or engineering code reviews of design documents at various stages of development. Will direct and assist in the resolution and negotiation of technical contract disputes. Will provide written reports, evolutions, design documents and cost estimates for facility related construction repairs. Will assist construction inspectors and the AE as needed to complete construction projects.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or Bachelor of Arts degree in architecture, or related degree.
- Experience in design/construction of buildings and related engineering work.
- Strong understanding of construction principles, practices, procedures, and means and methods.
- Excellent communication, time management, organization, and leadership skills.
- Registered professional engineer or architect is preferred.