Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Division of Accounting (OA-DOA) seeks a qualified professional for the Payroll Unit. Responsibilities include:
- Create and run Data Warehouse backend queries for SAM II HR.
- Process Supplemental payroll check requests.
- Process one-time payments, back pays, and settlements.
- Research and respond to agency inquires.
- Process Earning Adjustments when needed.
- Process W-2 corrections.
- Assist in the testing, implementation, and troubleshooting of the SAM II HR system.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of State Statutes, Code of State Regulations, IRS regulations, Statewide and OA Policies relating to payroll.
- Working knowledge of SAM II HR, SAM II Financial and the Data Warehouse.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the unit and with other OA divisions.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices and ability to apply them to varied accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of Banking Standards in regards to Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) and Automated Clearing House (ACH).
- Ability to perform detailed work using statistical and financial data.