Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This position with OA/FMDC operates and maintains high pressure steam boilers (above 15 pounds pressure), or high pressure/high temperature water boilers (above 160 pounds pressure at 250 degrees Fahrenheit) for the production of facility heating, hot water and/or electrical generation. Operates and maintains auxiliary equipment such as water softeners, boiler feed pumps, fuel conveyors, vacuum pumps and circulating pumps. Monitors water levels, pressure readings, fuel consumption and other related operations; performs chemical tests on water; records readings in the plant operations log. Adjusts controls on equipment to maintain a proper flow of steam and/or water and to ensure safety of operation. Powers down, cleans, and assists in the repair and maintenance of boilers and auxiliary equipment. Receives general administrative direction. Maintains a clean and safe work area around boilers and auxiliary equipment. Performs other related work as assigned.
Salary is $22.28 hourly
Work schedule is Sunday and Monday, 12:00 a.m. midnight - 8:00 a.m.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of the operation and maintenance of high-pressure steam boilers and/or high pressure/high temperature water boilers and related equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Intermediate knowledge of the tools, methods and the construction and repair of boiler room equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of the tools, methods and practices used in maintaining boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to accurately monitor and record boiler operations and to make adjustments as necessary.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.