Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This position is with OA/Division of Personnel-Certification Unit. Responsibilities include the following:
- Updating information in the Management and Applicant Information Resource System (MAIRS) to reflect changes to the register status of applicants.
- Auditing certificates completed by Merit agencies and resolving discrepancies to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and procedures.
- Verifies that ESMT transactions are correctly entered into SAM II HR and works closely with the Transaction Audit Unit so the final levels of approval are applied to the transactions.
- Advising agency HR staff, managers, supervisors, applicants on issues pertaining to Merit regulations and certification procedures.
- Assisting with other duties such as filing and providing coverage for the receptionist in an effort to further the mission of the Certification Unit and the Division of Personnel.
Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge with the Management and Applicant Information Resource System (MAIRS) and SAM II HR functions or a background with other HR/payroll databases.
- Ability to accurately perform detailed tasks and complete multiple priorities within specified timeframes.
- Ability to learn processes on various subject areas then assimilate the information over time to build knowledge base and enhance productivity.
- Customer Service skills necessary in working with a variety of customers and as a member of a team.