Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This position with OA/ITSD will provide technical leadership and direction of a complex infrastructure supporting Department of Health and Senior Services’ (DHSS’) applications. The highly technical infrastructure for DHSS’ system includes:
- 35+ servers in multiple Development, Test, and Production Environments
- 60+ Databases
- 110+ applications
- 30+ different technologies, including but not limited to the following:
- Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation, Winforms, Windows Communication Foundation)
- Oracle RDMS
- Microsoft SQL Server – including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Microsoft IIS
- Redhat Linux and JBOSS – including BPMS suite
- Orion Health - Rhapsody Integration Engine
Researches, designs and recommends technical solutions in support of agency. A person in this position will interact with application owners and assist in troubleshooting of complex problems.
- Research, design and development of technical solutions using technologies outlined above.
- Serve as technical team lead on application development projects.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft.NET, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
- Knowledge of Integration Engines and Business Rules Engines preferred
- Technical Leadership & Architecture Design
- In-Depth Understanding of Information Technology Concepts
- Technical Infrastructure Implementation
- Research & Analysis for System Sustainability
- Software Development Lifecycle for Highly Complex Systems