Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The MEDES Project Director manages is responsible for the strategic aspects and risk of large State of Missouri Projects which generally requires vendor engagement and has several different project initiatives within the entire Project Program, specifically the current MEDES Program. This position is the most responsible authority regarding the overall status of the project. This position manages, oversees and makes work assignments to senior project managers from both the state and vendors working on large scale strategic projects within the overall program. This position provides leadership and management to the overall project and discusses project status, project issues and potential solutions with State of Missouri Senior Management including Department/Division Directors and the ITSD CIO. This position is also responsible for communicating project status with federal partners, if required. This position manages and directs very large project budgets.
- Responsible for strategically overseeing, monitoring and managing large IT projects from an executive level.
- Responsible for acting as the most responsible authority over assigned projects.
- Responsible for making key decisions, adjusting budgets and adding resources and related project governance processes.
- Responsible for providing project status to senior management, such as the State PMO Director, State CIO, Department and Division Directors and other federal and state partners.
- Responsible for managing IT and program team members and allocated resources.
- Responsible for receiving regular reports from the project managers and/or team leads.Responsible for managing and working with Project PMO and IV&V Contractors.
- Responsible for working with agency directors and executive management regarding agency goals; directs feasibility studies, survey activities and studies to determine information technology requirements and recommends solutions; and manages project implementation.
- Works with state cabinet level directors and other state executives in addition to legal counsel to direct the preparation of project assessment quotation and PAQ /bid specifications for submission to vendors
- Reviews vendor proposals; and communicates with vendors regarding large scale projects and hardware and software solutions.
- Leads the development of budget recommendations and monitors expenditures according to budget allocations/appropriations; recommends cost saving measures.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of: managerial techniques, administrative practices, and personnel management; information technology principles and practices; project management principles; fiscal management, budgeting, grants, contract management, procurement/bid process; agency functions and inter relationships. Ability to manage staff, provide leadership, manage change, and achieve results. Ability to manage multiple items at one time and establish and maintain working relationships.