Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Office of Geospatial Information is part of the Information Technology Services Division. This position will be part of a team of GIS professionals that provide expertise and support to multiple state agencies.
- Provide technical support for GIS users.Assess their training needs and provide recommendations to meet those needs.
- Create ad hoc maps and do geographic/location based analysis
- Develop, test, document, and perform data capturing, analysis, and quality control procedures.
- Review data processing procedures and applications to ensure data integrity, compatibility with existing systems, and compliance with standards, policies, and other guidelines.
- Assist in determining requirements, designing procedures, and ensuring compliance with standards for GIS.
- Develop an understanding of how GIS is used by the business community.Recognize and promote opportunities for system and data development initiatives that maximize the enterprise integration of spatial and business data.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, terminology, and trends in GIS and related technologies.
- Ability to convey basic GIS knowledge to new and intermediate users.
- Ability to create GIS layers from a variety of different source materials, including legal descriptions
- Intermediate knowledge of cartographic principles and spatial analysis.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer systems, database management, administration, security, networking, and telecommunication concepts.
- Intermediate knowledge of geographic information applications, analysis, and the relationships between different types of spatial data.
- GIS software – ESRI platform: ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online
- Ability to support users in the use of GIS software
- Spatial Data Analysis
- Application of Cartographic Principles
- Understanding of data quality and design as it relates to GIS