Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
TOP TALENT NEEDED to fill the State of Missouri’s Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO) role.The State of Missouri’s Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) team consists of about 1,000 IT professionals who are dedicated to providing Missouri’s state agencies with the systems, networks, and technical support they need to provide services to the citizens of Missouri.
If you have a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years success in leading and managing an Information Technology program, then we’re looking for you to provide critical guidance and leadership to our diverse organization. You’ll be tasked with developing and allocating resources, policy improvement, and solutions management. You’ll be intimately involved with managing business operations and cost effectiveness improvements. We need someone who cares about the quality of services provided and operational effectiveness. The right person for this job will be an adept leader, who’s ready to provide direction and support of our efforts to transform ITSD to align our priorities with the goals of the State of Missouri and the executive departments.
The State of Missouri offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, which includes generous vacation, health, and retirement plans.
- Oversees enterprise level initiatives and executive level projects, fostering strategic partnerships while carrying out enterprise-wide computing services for the central IT organization.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer in leading overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer in governance oversight and service delivery management.
- Coordinates the activities and processes between the agencies and the legislature to provide impact analysis and IT assessment of pending legislation.
- Leads the development and implementation of best practices and standards in process, design, architecture and implementation of all aspects of service oriented information technology.
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance at the executive level in critical areas of technology administration having enterprise wide impact.
- Represents the State of Missouri, the Office of Administration and ITSD to vendors, professional organizations, other governmental departments, consultants, elected officials and any other entities necessary.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- We need someone who has held a role directing and managing IT Governance and IT program and project management.
- Someone with progressive experience applying technology to address enterprise wide needs of an organization.
- Experience implementing information technology related policies, processes, best practices and governance structures.
- Skill in developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- The ability to develop strategic plans that will result in high performing, customer focused teams.
- Ability to set goals and make key decisions.
- Experience implementing and monitoring work unit strategy.