On January 6, 2017, Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens announced his selection of Sarah Steelman as his Commissioner of the Office of Administration.
The Office of Administration is the administrative and managerial arm of Missouri State Government, the Commissioner serves as Chief Administrator with oversight of the seven divisions of the Office of Administration.
The Commissioner serves on the following Boards:
- Board of Fund Commissioners
- Board of Unemployment Fund Financing
- Minority Business Advocacy Commission
- Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan (MCHCP)
- Missouri Higher Education Savings Program (MOST)
- Missouri Public Entity Management Fund (MOPERM)
- Missouri State Capitol Commission
- Missouri State Employment Retirement System (MOSERS)
- Petroleum Storage Insurance Tank Fund (PSITF)