JEFFERSON CITY – The Office of Administration announced today that State of Missouri team members working in the Capitol Complex area will need to continue using alternative parking options at least until Friday, June 7 as parking lots or nearby streets will likely remain flooded or inaccessible.
Until then, State of Missouri team members can expect limited parking at the Harry S Truman Building (301 W. High St.), Broadway Building (221 W. High St.), and the James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center (600 W. Main St.).
The Office of Administration announced alternative parking options for State of Missouri team members earlier this week. The continued need for alternative parking options comes as the National Weather Service forecasts the Missouri River to remain at the major flooding stage throughout next week.
The Office of Administration will continue monitoring flooded parking lots and provide any necessary parking updates to State of Missouri team members through email and social media.
Team members who work at the Harry S Truman Building, Broadway Building, and James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center should continue making alternative arrangements by using an option below:
1. If possible, employees should plan to use carpooling and/or be dropped off for work at these buildings to the greatest extent possible.
2. If employees are unable to use carpooling and/or be dropped off, employees who show their state ID will be able to ride all Jefferson City bus routes for free. All bus routes are available on the Jefferson City transportation (JEFFTRAN) website. A downloadable app is also available and shows all bus routes, live bus locations, and live ETA for all bus stops.
3. Employees can also park in one of the remote shuttle lots available if the above options are not possible:
- Shuttle Lot #1 – South and southwest Capitol Mall parking lot (Sears area). An express bus route will run from this location to the Truman Building.
- Shuttle lot #2 – Lower Missouri State Penitentiary parking lot. An express bus route will run from this location to the Truman Building
Buses at the Capital Mall and Missouri State Penitentiary lots will run from 6:40 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Office of Administration encourages team members to catch the bus by 5:30 p.m.
JEFFTRAN anticipates 15-minute wait times during peak hours from 6:40 to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and later. Otherwise, state team members can expect about 30-minute wait times and the bus to pick them up on the half hour and hour (such as 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m., etc.).
Starting Monday, June 3, state team members should not park in the southwest area of the mall parking lot, near JOANN Fabric and Craft Store, as the mall will be hosting a carnival there. State team members can park in the parking lots on both sides of the carnival.
4. St. Peter’s Catholic Church (216 Broadway) is now allowing State of Missouri team members to park in its lower parking lot. About 50 parking spots are available and will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. State team members can access the lower parking lot via High Street.
The Office of Administration is asking for all employees to please work together and work through the flooding and severe weather damage issues facing Jefferson City. The Office of Administration thanks employees for their patience and JEFFTRAN for its transportation support.
Employees with questions can call The Office of Administration’s Division of Facilities Management, Design and Construction at (573) 751-3339.