JEFFERSON CITY – State of Missouri team members working in the Capitol Complex area will need to continue using alternative parking options next week due to flooding of state parking lots.
Parking has been limited at the Harry S Truman Building (301 W. High St.), Broadway Building (221 W. High St.), and the James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center (600 W. Main St.). Team members who work in these buildings should continue making alternative arrangements by using an option below.
1. If possible, team members should plan to use carpooling and/or be dropped off for work at these buildings to the greatest extent possible.
2. If team members are unable to use carpooling and/or be dropped off, those who show their state ID will be able to ride all Jefferson City bus routes for free. All bus routes are available on the Jefferson City transportation (JEFFTRAN) website. A downloadable app is also available and shows all bus routes, live bus locations, and live ETA for all bus stops.
3. Team members can also park in one of the remote shuttle lots available if the above options are not possible:
- Shuttle Lot #1 – South and southwest Capital Mall parking lot (Sears area). An express bus route will run from this location to the Harry S Truman Building.
- Shuttle lot #2 – Lower Missouri State Penitentiary parking lot. An express bus route will run from this location to the Harry S Truman Building.
The Capital Mall bus shuttle will run only at peak times from 7-9 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. It will not run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. State team members who need to get back to their cars during the day should park at the Missouri State Penitentiary lot. The Missouri State Penitentiary bus shuttle will continue running from 6:40 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Office of Administration encourages team members to catch the bus by 5:30 p.m.
State team members should not park in the southwest area of the Capital Mall parking lot, near JOANN Fabric and Craft Store, as the mall is hosting a carnival there. State team members can park in the parking lots on both sides of the carnival.
4. St. Peter’s Catholic Church (216 Broadway) is allowing State of Missouri team members to park in its lower parking lot. About 50 parking spots are available and will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. State team members can access the lower parking lot via West High Street.
State team members should park only in the striped parking spaces in the St. Peter’s parking lot and avoid any reserved parking spots. They should not park in the drive, on the sidewalks, or along the east wall as services provided to St. Peter’s must be allowed to proceed. Vehicles impeding parish business may be towed at the owner’s expense.
5. The Office of Administration created a temporary access on West Main Street to Lot 14 (located at West Main Street and Missouri Boulevard), allowing state team members to park there. State team members can get to the Harry S Truman Building and other state buildings in downtown Jefferson City by walking left onto West Main Street from Lot 14, turning left onto Bolivar Street, and then turning left West High Street.
The Office of Administration thanks state team members for their patience and JEFFTRAN for its transportation support.
Employees with questions can call The Office of Administration’s Division of Facilities Management, Design and Construction at (573) 751-3339.