JEFFERSON CITY – State of Missouri team members working in the Capitol Complex area again need to use alternative parking options this week due to anticipated flooding of state parking lots.
Parking is expected to become limited again at buildings in the Capitol Complex area — the Harry S Truman Building (301 W. High St.), Broadway Building (221 W. High St.), and the James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center (600 W. Main St.).
The Office of Administration will barricade parking spaces where flooding is expected to reach and asks state team members not to park beyond the barricades. Parking spaces outside the barricades will be available for use.
Team members who work in the Capitol Complex buildings should make alternative arrangements by using an option below.
1. If possible, employees should plan to use carpooling and/or be dropped off for work at these buildings to the greatest extent possible.
2. If employees are unable to use carpooling and/or be dropped off, employees who show their state ID will be able to ride all Jefferson City bus routes for free. All bus routes are available on the Jefferson City transportation (JEFFTRAN) website. A downloadable app is also available and shows all bus routes, live bus locations, and live ETA for all bus stops.
3. Employees can also park in the lower Missouri State Penitentiary parking lot at East Capitol Avenue and Chestnut Street, if the above options are not possible. Starting Tuesday morning, an express bus route will run from this location to the Harry S Truman Building. The bus shuttle will run from 6:40 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Capital Mall parking lot will not be available to state team members this week.
The Office of Administration encourages team members to catch the bus by 5:30 p.m.
4. St. Peter’s Catholic Church (216 Broadway) is allowing State of Missouri team members to park in its lower parking lot. About 50 parking spots are available and will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. State team members can access the lower parking lot via West High Street.
State team members should park only in the striped parking spaces in the St. Peter’s parking lot and avoid any reserved parking spots. They should not park in the drive, on the sidewalks, or along the east wall as services provided to St. Peter’s must be allowed to proceed. Vehicles impeding parish business may be towed at the owner’s expense.
State team members parking in the St. Peter’s lot must remove their vehicles before 5:30 p.m. to accommodate mass.
5. If needed, a temporary entrance on West Main Street to Lot 14 (West Main Street and Missouri Boulevard) will be opened. If Missouri Boulevard floods again, state team members can get to the Harry S Truman Building and other state buildings in downtown Jefferson City by walking left onto West Main Street from Lot 14, turning left onto Bolivar Street, and then turning left West High Street.
The Office of Administration thanks state team members for their patience and JEFFTRAN for its transportation support.
Employees with questions can call The Office of Administration’s Division of Facilities Management, Design and Construction at (573) 751-3339.