Budget & Planning
The Division of Budget and Planning assists the Commissioner of Administration and the Governor in management of the executive branch. The division analyzes budget policy issues and provides fiscal information to the commissioner, the governor's office, the General Assembly, Missouri's congressional delegation, and state, local, and federal agencies.
- reviews state agency fiscal operations, prepares annual budget instructions, analyzes budget requests, and prepares the annual Executive Budget and appropriation bills;
- manages the automated state budget system;
- analyzes the state economy and tax issues, estimates revenue collections, tracks agency performance measures, reviews legislation with budget implications, and drafts fiscal notes;
- coordinates legislative reviews for the executive branch and reviews federal issues and their impact on Missouri; and
- serves as the designated state demographic agency and has statutory demographic and reapportionment duties.