ITSD is a team of about 1,000 IT professionals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. These state employees are dedicated to providing Missouri's state agencies with the systems, networks and technical support they need in order to provide services to Missouri's citizens, businesses and other government entities.
What We Do
Below are some of the services and support ITSD provides to state agencies:
- End User Support - Helping resolve technical issues and deploying computing devices for state employees so they remain productive
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - The Office of Geospatial Information (OGI) provides coordination, guidance, and leadership, and plans the implementation of Missouri's geospatial information technology. The office identifies, coordinates, guides, and supports strategic investments in geospatial technology, data, and service systems to ensure effective implementation and use of geospatial information.
- Information Security - Safeguarding the State's networks, systems and data
- Networks and Telecommunications - Developing and maintaining the infrastructure of communication, including state networks, wireless communication devices and UC
- Project Management – Working to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and on-budget by mitigating risk through project management and project management oversight
- Servers, Storage and Email - Providing the backbone to store and process the State's data
- Web and Application Development - Services to provide citizens the systems they need to interact with government, and state employees with the systems they need to perform their duties effectively and efficiently
Who We Support
ITSD provides Internet and telecommunications services to all state agencies.
ITSD directly supports the information technology needs of the 14 IT-consolidated Executive Departments and the majority of the state agencies that are under their umbrella. These Executive Departments include:
- Administration (OA)
- Agriculture (MDA)
- Corrections (DOC)
- Economic Development (DED) – except Public Service Commission (PSC)
- Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE)
- Insurance, Financial Institutions & Professional Registration (DIFP)
- Health & Senior Services (DHSS)
- Higher Education (MDHE)
- Labor & Industrial Relations (DOLIR)
- Mental Health (DMH)
- Natural Resources (DNR)
- Public Safety (DPS) – except National Guard, Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP), Gaming Commission
- Revenue (DOR) – except Lottery Commission
- Social Services (DSS)
The following Executive Departments maintain their own IT units:
- Conservation (MDC)
- Transportation (MoDOT)
ITSD directly supports the offices of two statewide-elected officials:
- Lt. Governor
The following offices of elected officials maintain their own IT units:
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
Judicial & Legislative Branches
The judicial and legislative branches of government maintain their own IT units.
State agencies that are not currently supported by ITSD, but desire consulting services from ITSD or wish to obtain direct support should contact the CIO.