ITSD is a team of about 1,000 IT professionals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. These state employees are dedicated to providing Missouri's state agencies with the systems, networks and technical support they need in order to provide services to Missouri's citizens, businesses and other government entities.
What We Do
Below are some of the services and support ITSD provides to state agencies:
- Client Engagement Services - Helping resolve technical issues and deploying computing devices for state employees so they remain productive
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - The Office of Geospatial Information (OGI) coordinates and manages the geospatial infrastructure.
- Information Security - Safeguarding the State's networks, systems and data
- Networks and Telecommunications - Developing and maintaining the infrastructure of communication, including state networks, wireless communication devices and UC
- Project Management – Working to ensure that the right projects are done right by mitigating risk through the project intake process, effective project management, and in conjunction with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
- Servers, Storage and Email - Providing the backbone to store and process the State's data
- Web and Application Development - Services to provide citizens the systems they need to interact with government, and state employees with the systems they need to perform their duties effectively and efficiently
Who We Support
ITSD directly supports the information technology needs of the 14 IT-consolidated Executive Departments and the majority of the state agencies that are under their umbrella.
- Administration (OA)
- Agriculture (MDA)
- Commerce and Insurance (DCI) – except Public Service Commission (PSC)
- Corrections (DOC)
- Economic Development (DED)
- Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE)
- Health & Senior Services (DHSS)
- Higher Education and Workforce Development (DHEWD)
- Labor & Industrial Relations (DOLIR)
- Mental Health (DMH)
- Natural Resources (DNR)
- Public Safety (DPS) – except National Guard, Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP), Gaming Commission
- Revenue (DOR) – except Lottery Commission
- Social Services (DSS)
The following Executive Departments maintain their own IT units:
- Conservation (MDC)
- Transportation (MoDOT)
ITSD directly supports the offices of two statewide-elected officials:
- Lt. Governor
The following offices of elected officials maintain their own IT units:
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
Judicial & Legislative Branches
The judicial and legislative branches of government maintain their own IT units.
State agencies that are not currently supported by ITSD, but desire consulting services from ITSD or wish to obtain direct support should contact ITSD at 573-751-3290.